Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Guilty Pleasure Pepper Poppers

This is a really simple appetizer that you don't really need a recipe for, but they are just so stinking delicious that I had to post them.  After I made them the first time, I couldn't stop thinking about them for days!  Try them, and see for yourself how good they are.

Yields: 12


Ingredients:

6 Sweet peppers or Jalapeno peppers
1 Block Cream Cheese
6 Slices of Bacon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Cut peppers in half and remove seeds.  Fill pepper halves with cream cheese.  Cut bacon slices in half.  Wrap each cheese filled pepper with a half piece of bacon.  Bake in oven for about 10 min or until bacon is fully cooked and cheese is melty. 

Tips:

I tried adding garlic salt and thyme to the cream cheese for added flavor, but to be honest it did not really add to the taste.  I mean you can't really top the flavor of bacon... so I suggest just leaving it unseasoned.  I also tried fire roasting the peppers before halving them, which added a really nice char flavor.  I make mine with sweet peppers most of the time because that I what I usually have in the fridge and I am sort of a wimp about spicy stuff.  That being said, they are yummy both ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment