Saturday, April 6, 2013

Crispy Homemade Pizza

My husband recently requested that I make pizza for dinner, but I had no pre-made crust or yeast to make pizza dough.  With this challenge before me, I took to the internets in search of a possible solution.  What I found was this great yeast-free pizza crust recipe.  It makes for a super fast and really crunchy pizza. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup milk
6 tbsp. olive oil

Directions:



Preheat oven to 425°F.  In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well until the dough begins to form a ball and pull away from sides of bowl.  Knead dough by hand until smooth. Roll out dough to desired thickness and transfer onto greased baking sheet or pizza pan leaving a thicker edge to hold fillings in.
 
Pre-bake crust for about 10 min before adding toppings.  Remove from oven and cover with sauce, cheese, and all of your favorite toppings.
 
Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and edges are golden brown.
 

Tips:

I added some herbs and garlic seasoning to the crust to add a little extra flavor.  Don't be afraid to play around with seasonings and toppings.  That is what is great about making  your own pizza.  The sky is the limit!

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment