Friday, March 15, 2013

Delicious Drop Biscuits

I have recently become obsessed with these drop biscuits.  I was never a big fan of biscuits growing up.  They were always too dense for my taste.  Although, I should admit that I was not really a big fan of bread in general.  I know that some of you are preparing to cast stones in my direction for that comment, but once you taste these biscuits I believe that you will grow to love me again.  They are light and fluffy and a great base recipe for other flavors.  The best part is that since they are drop biscuits, they are super easy and quick to make. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and have made a few changes to make them even better.

P.S.  All Recipes is my favorite recipe website!  They almost always have a recipe for what I am looking for, and tons of reviews to boot.  You will see me reference this site on a regular basis I am sure.

Yields: 12 biscuits

 

Cost:  OK, so I don't know, but I bet it is cheaper than purchasing two cans of biscuits.

 

Ingredients:


2 cups flower
1 tbs baking powder
2 tsp white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted butter
3/4 cup milk

Directions:


Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Stir in butter and milk just until moistened. Drop batter on a lightly greased cookie sheet by the tablespoon.  Bake in preheated oven until golden on the edges, about 8 to 12 minutes. Serve warm.

Tips: 

Add 1 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon to batter and then dip top in melted butter and roll in Cinnamon sugar mixture after baking for yummy desert biscuits.  Add 1 tsp garlic salt and 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese to batter for Red Lobster esque garlic cheddar biscuits.

1 comment: